Keeping your personal information safe and secure is our priority. The following text sets out how C&A Finishes Ltd collects, uses, shares and protects information about our customers and business contacts. It will also provide you with a better understanding of your rights relating to your personal data and how you can exercise those rights.
• The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
• The EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR)
C&A Finishes Ltd collects personal information1 when you register with us online, ask us a question about our products online, by phone or email, or place an order for our products or services.
We will use this information to provide the services requested and, if you agree, to send you marketing information from time to time on the current and latest products and services we offer.
We do not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties. For the fulfilment of orders we do have to share your information with some third parties such as couriers and suppliers to ensure our materials reach you safely and in a timely manner. In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
You have the right to know what data we hold about you. Please contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below if you need to submit an enquiry.
C&A Finishes Ltd
Unit 2 Birch Industrial Estate
Tel: +44 (0)1323 573222
Registered company in the UK: 09115427
We encourage you to take time to carefully read all the following sections.
Who are we?
We are C&A Finishes Ltd, a UK based, finishing trades company. We are a registered company in the UK: 09115427.
What information do we collect about you?
C&A Finishes Ltd collects information about you when you register with us online, ask us a question about our products online, by phone or email, or place an order for our products or services. We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, or provide feedback on our products through our website, or through telephone, email or social media.
Other information we may hold about you:
Contact data: First name, Last name, Title, Company Name, Billing address, delivery address (Geographical location), and email and telephone contacts.
Marketing data: your preferences in receiving communications from us, where and how your information was collected.
Profile data: Login information (usernames, passwords if assigned), purchase history, product interests, feedback.
Historical data: records of emails, telephone calls, website enquiries, orders,
Website: Website usage information is collected using cookies.
We do not collect or hold any data which pertains to anything covered by the UK Government’s Equality Act 2010, or any other information of a potentially discriminatory nature.
Why do we collect this information?
The legal basis for us to collect customer or potential customers’ information falls under Legitimate Business Interest. So that we can:
- understand our customers’ needs and improve our products and services
- provide answers to their enquiries and improve their knowledge with regard to finishing services and solutions we offer and continue to evolve.
- fulfil their orders and meet their service.
- offer a better service to our customers overall.
How do we collect this information?
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you communicate with us through telephone, email, post, or forms on our website we collect information to enable us to service your requests. Such communications may include: information requests, price requests, orders, testimonials, and subscriptions.
- By using cookies on our website: Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- – You can disable cookies in your browser however please note that in a few cases some of our website features may not function as well as a result.
- From Third Parties including: Google Analytics2, third party mailing data providers (such as Online Directories, Yell, Data Bubble), credit agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- From publicly available data sources such as Companies House and Electoral House
- From Social Media sources such as Linked In.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to:
- process your order
- manage your account
- And if you agree (give consent):
– to contact you about other products and services available from C&A Finishes Ltd
– to contact you for market research purposes
We make it easy for you to change your mind about consent at any point by updating your preferences or unsubscribing completely from our marketing activity using links provided in our email communications..
We also use your information collected from the website through cookies to personalise any repeat visits to our website.
How do we share information about you?
C&A Finishes Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with third parties. We do share your information to third parties (who we deem to be third party data processors) in the following circumstances:
- In processing your order, we may use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- In processing the payment of your order online our payment processor PayPal will collect credit card information.
- For the delivery of materials from suppliers to ensure our products reach you safely and in a timely manner
- In communicating with you by email for marketing purposes we use a third party email service MailChimp3
- In the management of our website our digital marketing agency, Ciao Design has access to our Google Analytics data for the purposes of improving the Search Engine Optimisation of our website and measuring the success of PPC and remarketing campaigns.
- For disclosure in certain circumstances for example to professional advisors like, lawyers, accountants, insurance companies.
- For regulatory purposes including to HMRC.
How do we store your data?
Your contact details may be held in the following ways:
- C&A Finishes Ltd does not store credit card information. When we take credit card payments over the phone we enter them directly into the card machine and never store this information.
- On our email management client – MailChimp (email, first name, last name, geographical location)
C&A Finishes Ltd applies stringent security measures to prevent your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Only limited members of staff have access to client data, all computers are password protected and servers kept up to date with latest patches.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years for tax purposes.
You have extensive rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, these include the right to:
- request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate
- withdraw consent at any time.
- be forgotten (i.e. the right to ask us to delete, shred and otherwise remove any data we hold about you, excepting where we have a legal obligation under UK law).
For further information on your rights please visit the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights under the GDPR Policy please direct your enquiry in writing to: Aaron Fox, C&A Finishes Ltd, Unit 2 Birch Industrial Estate, Birch Road, Eastbourne BN23 6PH or by email to: email@example.com
How to contact us
C&A Finishes Ltd
Unit 2 Birch Industrial Estate, Birch Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN23 6PH
Tel: +44 (0)1323 573 222
Registered company in the UK: 09115427
Please contact us if you have a complaint or concern about the way we collect, store, use or process your data, or about the way we communicate with you. If you are not satisfied with our response you may also contact the Information Commissioners Office to raise a formal complaint www.ico.org.uk/concerns/
1 Personal information includes: For Customers – Name, Company Name, Company Contact Tel & Email, Company Address, additional billing information if required. For Enquiries – Name, Company Name, Company Tel & Email. In the case that personal email addresses and telephone numbers are provided additional consent to contact is sought once the direct enquiry from that individual has been answered.
2 Google Analytics is EU-US Privacy Shield approved under GDPR. Our website uses Google Analytics to track the activity of our website visitors so we can better understand how people use our website. It tracks: geographical location, device, internet browser, operating system and IP address – the data collected by Google cannot be used by us to personally identify you. Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop Google from tracking your website activity.
3 MailChimp is EU-US Privacy Shield approved under GDPR.